Oda has done it again, keeping us waiting for three weeks than satisfying our hunger for One Piece chapter and he delivers big time. Seeing Nami and Ussop beating fleeing enemies is ironic and does its Justice. I don’t really need to say anything about this chapter because it speaks for itself. So if you don’t want to read my rambling or “bad-English” 🙂 than just scroll down and comment about this weeks awesome chapter, now if you do want to hear what I say than by all means keep on reading.
I remember saying that the Strawhats better start learning Haki or become stronger, but boy was I wrong about that. Franky just took on two Devil Fruit users from the Donquixote Pirates. It can be estimated that Baby 5 and Buffalo might be of the lowest rank in the Donquixote Pirates, they are still part of the Donquixote Pirates. Which is a big accomplishment since people would flee away from anyone affiliated with the Donquixote Pirates, nonetheless the Donquixote Pirate themselves. It is for that reason why CC had such a confident feeling in being untouchable since he was affiliated with them. That if he felt threatened all he would have to do is mention that he is under the Donquixote Pirates and he tried to do this when threatened by Luffy. Going back to Franky, he took on Baby 5 and Buffalo effortlessly and without even using his really body, but that of Franky Shogun. Either way Franky has proven that he is more than ready to face the New World in fact all of the Strawhats are.
Only Coward’s Flee
I found it to be very ironic for Nami and Ussop to make the final blow on CC, Baby 5 and Buffalo. It is ironic because before the time skip it was Nami and Ussop that were the ones always running away with their tails behind their legs. Now I am not internally sure that Nami or Ussop will never run away from a fight, but from what I have seen so far Nami and Ussop have become far greater then their former self. In fact, I would say that they have developed a tenacity to look for a fight, well at least Nami is because she commented about how she was tired of running and it is time for her to fight. Also, their power is something to not take lightly, the only thing that I really want to see Nami and Ussop accomplish is a close-range battle. So far all their attacks have been long-range attacks. Ussop with his plant like slingshot and Nami’s weather producing staff. I would assume that Ussop has developed some close range tactics since he is very fit and can grow his staff at will depending on range. Nami also has shown in the Fishman arc that she is able to not only dodge attacks but to block attacks. In conclusion, this is not the same Nami and Ussop we all fell in love with, they have become what they strive to become, two badazz warriors.
“Aint half bad, right?”
I think that statement by Luffy is an understatement. The Strawhats are by far the most reliable crew, as in each can do what the other lacks. For instance, Sanji has admitted that Ussop is the more cleaver of the two, way back in Enies Lobby, but he was the stronger in physical strength of the two. In doing so, Sanji can fight Jabra who was physically powerful, while Ussop goes and collects the keys to free Robin, since he is more cleaver than him. I think that Law has just figured this out and you could see it on his face, but he does not want to admit it. No matter how bizarre and outrageous the Strawhats methods are, they get the job done. But things have been going far too smoothly for our heroes, and one thing I learned about the Strawhats is that nothing goes smoothly for them. Law can celebrate this short lived victory, because Joker is on his way and he might pull of what Kuma did to the Strawhats in Thriller Bark. From what I have seen lately of Joker, is far stronger then any one the Strawhats have ever faced. His ability looks to be invincible, his achievements are awe inspiring. He can easily take on Gekko Mariah, was able to take control of Jozu and throughout the Marine vs Whitebeard war, he was never seen to be serious. In conclusion, Joker is one badazz killer and it will be interesting to see the conflict between him and the Strawhats.
- As for that shadow figure at the end. I have to guesses: One is Kuzan which the obvious and it is what most people think it is. He matches the figure personality since that figure mentioned how he over slept, and Kuzan was known to sleep a lot, for one thing he always has a sleep mask on his forehead. Also he is the only character who showed that he can float on top of water because of his Devil Fruit ability. As for my other guess, well it is just that a guess, he could be anyone.
- Lots of funny moments this week. But the best is Zoro telling Nami and Ussop to hurry it up.
- Tawuya-sama pointed out that in the panel where Law says “They’re Enemies” one guy in the back looks exactly like CC. Please speak up if you mentioned this so I can give the credit for you.
- Another title is added for Franky, he is now the weapon specialist of the Strawhats. I am not sure if he already has this title but I would put it out there.
- Did you noticed that Ussop never hit Baby 5, he only hit Buffalo and CC. Is this a coincidence? Maybe. Or has Ussop developed chivalry like Sanji.
Filed under: One Piece manga |